Serves 4 to 6
1 Wellness Forum Health “Sausage” Mix
12 ounces whole grain penne pasta
1 bell pepper, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the sausage mix according to package instructions, then coarsely chop the sausage and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Let it cool for10 minutes, then crumble it
- In a large saucepan, saute the peppers and onion until tender, about 7 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep them from sticking.
- Add the garlic, basil, oregano, tomatoes, and prepared “sausage” and cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes.
- Toss with the cooked pasta. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.