Lentil Rice Croquettes with Curried Tomato Sauce
1 package Wellness Forum Health Curried Lentils and Rice
2 tablespoons EnerG Egg Replacer whisked with 4 ounces water then set aside
3/4 cup diced carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
black pepper and sea salt to taste
3 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- Place the lentils and rice in a medium pot with carrots and celery (set aside spice packet).
- Add water to cover by three inches and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on med-low heat for 30-40 minutes until tender. Drain off the excess liquid.
- Puree 1/2 the mixture in a food processor.
- Add the lentils to a bowl with the egg replacer, salt and pepper and 1/2 of the bread crumbs. Stir to combine well.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, shape the lentil mixture into balls and roll in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Place balls on non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. turn and bake for another 15 min.
- While the croquettes are baking, place the tomato sauce in a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat. Add some of the curry spice packet to taste. Heat 5-7 minutes until warm through.
- Serve croquettes with the tomato sauce.