Mushroom Rice and Vegetable Soup
8 ounces button or shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in 1 cup boiling water for 15 minutes , then drained(liquid reserved) and chopped
- Saute the fresh mushrooms in 1/4 cup water for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 8 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add the soup mix, and the soaked porcini mushrooms — with the soaking water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and cook over medium low heat for 45 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper