Taco Corn Pie
1 large onion, diced small
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 package frozen corn
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup tomato puree
1 package Wellness Forum Health Taco Taco Mix, prepared according to package instructions
1 cup sliced black olives
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 Wellness Forum Health Corn Bread Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees prepare the cornbread mix according to package instructions but do not bake it.
- Saute the onion in a large sauce pan for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onions are tender and start to brown. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the onions from sticking to the pan.
Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in corn, black beans, tomato sauce, olives, prepared Taco Taco, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and let cook 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- Pour the prepared cornbread batter over the taco mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out clean.